School Outreach Programs
We bring the field trip to your classroom!
Wolf Gap can help you save time and money while bringing history to life for your students.
Wolf Gap provides teachers with affordable educational programs on subjects ranging from heritage skills to primary source workshops to local, regional, and national history.
History presentations and demonstrations range from 25-minute presentations to full-length classes, workshops, and in-school field trips. Historic clothing optional.
Lessons align with AL and TN Common Core education standards – contact us for more information.
Topics include but are not limited to:
· Sheep to Shawl (the fabric-making process from wool to weaving)
· Old-fashioned toys
· Butter churning
· Corn in U.S. History & Corn Husk Dolls
· Trail of Tears in Tennessee
· Native American History
· Natural dying of fabrics
· Open Hearth Cooking
· Historic Herbs
· Tin punching
· Pysanky Eggs (Ukrainian Egg Dying)
· Old-fashioned School Days
· American as Apple Pie
· Music of our Ancestors
· Programs on the Civil War, Reconstruction, and Civil Rights Movement in Alabama and Tennessee